If you are like me, your skin is missing its monthly organic facial. The added stress from the pandemic, paired with a lack of routine, can lead to increased acne, dryness, and an overall lackluster skin surface. As you try to establish a new normal for yourself, consider adding a face masque twice a week. Feeding your skin with high-quality botanicals will keep your skin vibrant, and may even nudge you into feeling a little brighter on the inside, too!
At Jessica’s Apothecary, we stock a wide variety of masques! How would you choose the best one(s) for your organic facial? Allow me to present them to you by skin concern.
(In general, masques should be applied to clean, dry skin and left on for 10-15 minutes.)
Organic Facial: Masques for Dryness
Dryness in the skin is due to a lack of oil in the epidermis. Some people consider their skin dry even when it is just dehydrated, which is a lack of water. Dehydration can still coexist with an underlying condition of excess oil production. A masque can alleviate dryness, but a consultation with your esthetician can help get to the cause. Whether from a lack of oil or a lack of water, any of these botanical face masques are a good choice for your organic facial if your skin is dry.
- For dryness with some mild acne issues, choose our Strawberry Rhubarb Masque.
- For dryness with hyperpigmentation, choose our Stone Crop Masque.
- For dryness due to a lack of oil, choose the Bamboo Age Corrective Masque.
- For clients with chapped or sensitive skin, even those undergoing radiation therapy, the Yellow Sweet Clover Anti-Redness Masque is the best choice.
- To address dryness on weathered skin types, choose the Snow Mushroom & Reishi.
Organic Facial: Masques for Dullness
The skin usually appears dull because of a lack of cellular turnover. As we age, our skin’s metabolism slows down.
- For the most dramatic increase in circulation, try the Eight Greens HOT with Hungarian Paprika. Your skin will get very flushed and may utilize the increased oxygen for the next few hours.
- For weathered skin, the antioxidant-rich Firm Skin Acai Masque is best.
- To improve skin tone and vitality, choose the Citrus & Kale Potent C + E Masque.
- For dryer skin that needs a boost, the Snow Mushroom & Reishi Masque.
Organic Facial: Masques for Acne
Acne occurs in both oily and dry skin.
- Hands down the best acne-fighting mask I have ever used is the Acne Advanced Clarifying Masque. Not only can you mask your whole face with it once or twice per week, but you can spot treat and sleep with it on your pimples. The winning combination is sulfur (but you can barely smell it!), salicylic acid, and three different kinds of clay.
- If you have hormonal acne and your skin isn’t too sensitive, lean towards the Eight Greens HOT.
- For mild acne and some dryness, the Strawberry Rhubarb Masque has a touch of salicylic acid but is also rich in hyaluronic acid.
Organic Facial: Masques for Hyperpigmentation
Pigmentation is best treated during a facial; however, masks extend the benefits of your organic facial at home.
- The Stone Crop Masque is a gel masque that balances uneven skin tone and increases moisture content in the skin.
- For advanced hyperpigmentation on dry skin types, the Bright Skin Masque is very beneficial.
- The Eight Greens Phyto HOT delivers plant-based estrogens to regulate hormonal acne and assist in oxygenation while lightening post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
Organic Facial: Masks For Fine Lines and Elasticity
- The Firm Skin Acai Masque is loaded with hyaluronic acid and antioxidants to plump superficial lines on weathered skin.
- The Bamboo Age Corrective Masque contains Swiss Green Apple Stem Cells to promote elasticity. It’s also in a shea butter and argan oil base for nourishing dry skin.
I hope this helps you find the right masque for your mini, organic facial at home. If you still have questions, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a virtual skin consultation. All Eminence Organics products can be purchased on our website.