Goddesses, come hither. It’s time to adopt new rituals that honor your body and spirit – and emerge with soft, glowing skin. Jessica’s Apothecary & Spa is in its new location with a copper tub and can now offer the rejuvenating benefits of a body scrub followed by a luxurious herbal soak. The experience is otherworldly, deeply reinvigorating, and great for your skin.
The Body Scrub + Herbal Soak is meant for anyone who lives with stress, whether you’re fighting for reproductive rights and gun regulation, working to protect the health of the planet, or supporting a neurodiverse loved one. As I wrote a couple of months ago, a stressed-out state of mind can lead to increased inflammation and a slower healing response — more proof that we simply can’t give (and keep giving) from an empty cup.
If you’re wondering what the Body Scrub + Herbal Soak is like, I’ll walk you through it step by step. And for those who wish to create this spa-like experience at home, I’ve crafted a Stone Crop Body Collection with special pricing. Read on.
Benefits of a Body Scrub
To begin, your practitioner will use a high-quality body scrub to slough away dead skin cells on your body, excluding the face and neck. Your skin cells do shed naturally, but the process slows with age, leading to a buildup of dead cells that leave skin looking dull, and can block pores.
Exfoliating benefits of a body scrub:
- Smooth, fresh, and glowing skin
- Stimulates circulation and skin cell turnover
- Draws out impurities
- Minimizes clogged pores and frees ingrown hairs
- Allows moisturizer to penetrate more deeply
We use Eminence Organics’ Stone Crop Body Scrub for body exfoliation. This scrub is formulated with finely ground raw sugar and rock salt to polish skin without being abrasive. The stone crop, a succulent, moisturizes and brightens while antioxidants from green tea, lemon peel, and turmeric enhance the skin’s resilience to damage from everyday stressors like UV light and pollution.
Follow With an Herbal Soak
After the scrub, you’ll head to the copper tub for a botanically-infused bath. Soaking amidst herbs from my garden bundled in a sisal pouch, carefully selected salts, and essential oils, you’ll gently rinse away the body scrub.
Relax for up to 30 minutes, surrounded by aromatherapeutic scents, calming music, and the flicker of a beeswax candle.
This time spent in relaxation deepens the restorative benefits of a body scrub. That’s because our bodies regenerate best when we’re in “rest and digest” mode, not the “fight or flight” mode in which many of us might spend our days.
Why the Copper Tub?
We’re drawn to copper for its beauty, but it also carries an elemental signature that makes it great for baths. Copper:
- Conducts and retains heat well, making it ideal for long, relaxing soaks.
- Has antimicrobial properties. According to the EPA, copper offers natural protection against viruses and bacteria that’s an extra assurance in these times.
• May support skin health at the cellular level. Skin that comes in contact with the tub’s surface will absorb small amounts of copper. Although research hasn’t shown whether that copper is bioavailable, if so it would help upregulate production of collagen and elastin while supporting wound healing.
- Can be recycled at the end of its useful life. It’s nice to enjoy a luxury and know it won’t leave a trace.
After Your Soak
After you’ve toweled off, nourish your skin with our organic body oil. This will deliver antioxidants, penetrating deeply, and lock moisture in for lasting firmness and a radiant glow.
Book a Body Scrub + Herbal Soak (with the option to add on-on a relaxing facial or massage!)
DIY Spa Hour: Body Scrub + Herbal Soak
Get the benefits of a body scrub and herbal soak at home with our Stone Crop Body Collection:
This is the same fine-particle scrub we use at the spa to exfoliate and hydrate your skin without irritating or abrading it.
This lightweight oil absorbs quickly to soothe and soften skin, while nourishing it with antioxidants and essential fatty acids. Bonus: You can also use this as a massage oil or add 1–2 capfuls to a bath.
This formula hydrates and tones skin while helping reduce the appearance of age spots and dark patches. Bonus: It’s nice to have this lotion on hand for dry hands, or dry skin anywhere.
Scrub + Soak Method:
- Draw a bath, adding your favorite herbs, bath salts, or diluted essential oils. Add atmospheric music and light candles if you wish.
- Apply the body scrub. Massage in circular motions on legs, hands, arms, elbows, or any part of the body that needs smoothing.
- Enter the bath and soak for as long as you like, rinsing the scrub off well with warm water.
- Drain the tub and pat skin dry.
- Follow with a 50:50 blend of the Stone Crop Body Oil and Stone Crop Body Lotion.
We’ve bundled the scrub, oil, and lotion together so you can create an at-home experience for a fraction of the cost of a spa appointment. Purchase the Stone Crop Body Collection for $87 to save $29 on the trio.
Whether you book an appointment or bring the spa home to you, I’m wishing you a restorative experience with all the benefits of a body scrub and luxurious herb-infused bath. A toast to the good work you’re doing in this world. Happy soaking, goddesses!